|Subject:||Information on Upgrading an IO5 Non-Navigation Radio to an IO6 Navigation Radio|
|Models:||2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500|
|2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500/3500 (without AVF)|
|2014 GMC Sierra 1500|
|2015 GMC Sierra 2500/3500 (without AVF)|
|Equipped with IO5 Radio|
|Attention:||This Bulletin also applies to any of the above models that may be Export vehicles.|
Note: Please review the entire procedure before trying to perform it.
- Remove the right windshield pillar assist handle covers (1).
- Remove the right windshield pillar assist handle fasteners (2).
Note: Upon reassembly, the tether clip at the center portion of the left garnish molding must be replaced.
- Using a flat-bladed plastic trim tool, release the 12 retainers securing the instrument panel extension (1) to the upper instrument panel.
Disconnect any electrical connectors.
Caution: Use the correct fastener in the correct location. Replacement fasteners must be the correct part number for that application. Fasteners requiring replacement or fasteners requiring the use of thread locking compound or sealant are identified in the service procedure. Do not use paints, lubricants, or corrosion inhibitors on fasteners or fastener joint surfaces unless specified. These coatings affect fastener torque and joint clamping force and may damage the fastener. Use the correct tightening sequence and specifications when installing fasteners in order to avoid damage to parts and systems.
- Remove the instrument panel compartment bolts (1).
Upon reassembly, tighten the instrument panel compartment bolts to 2.5 Nm (22 lb in).
- Using a flat-bladed plastic trim tool, release the retainer clips securing the instrument panel compartment (2) to the instrument panel assembly.
- Remove the instrument panel upper compartment bolts (1).
Upon reassembly, tighten the instrument panel upper compartment bolts to 2.5 Nm (22 lb in).
- Using a flat-bladed plastic trim tool, release the retainer clips securing the instrument panel upper compartment (2) to the instrument panel assembly.
- Disconnect the electrical connections from the factory installed HMI module (1).
- Slide the factory installed HMI module rearward to release from bracket.
- Install the replacement HMI module, P/N 23266008, in reverse order and connect electrical connections.
- Position connector from kit (1), P/N 13589365, next to current A-pillar harness connector (2) and insert previously removed terminal (3) into cavity 1 (A) of connector (1) P/N 13589365.
- Unseat terminal (2) from cavity 2 of the A-pillar harness connector (3).
- Position connector from kit (1), P/N 13589366, next to current A-pillar harness connector (3) and insert previously removed terminal (2) into cavity 2 (B) of connector (1) P/N 13589366.
- Install coax jumper (1), P/N 23497539, from kit.
- Insert female terminal end (4) into cavity 1 (A) of connector (5) P/N 13589366.
- Insert other end of jumper (2) into splitter (3) (Gray Connector).
- Install coax jumper (1), P/N 23497540, from kit.
- Insert male terminal end (5) into cavity 2 (B) of connector (4) P/N 13589365.
- Insert other end of jumper (2) into splitter (3) (Pink Connector).
- Mate connectors (1) P/N 13589365 and (2) P/N 13589366.
- Install coax jumper (3), P/N 23497541, from splitter (4) to HMI module.
- Calibrate the HMI module. Go to HMI Programming Procedure-Human Machine Interface Control Module Programming and Setup-Replace and Program Control Module. Refer to Vehicle Service Manual.
- Prior to re-installing upper and lower instrument panel compartments and trim, test drive the vehicle to ensure NAV function is working.
- Inspect newly installed coax cables and connection system and if required use cable ties and foam tape, P/N 19243085, provided in the kit to secure existing parts.
- Re-install previously removed trim.
- Enable SIR system. Refer to Vehicle Service Manual.
- Contact Techline Customer Support Center (TCSC) at 1-800-828-6860 English or 1-800-503-3222 French for vehicle software upgrade. ($50.00 additional reconfiguration fee).
|20960972||SPLITTER ASM-NAVN SIG|
|23497538||CABLE ASM-NAVN ANT COAX|
|23266008||MODULE ASM-HMI CONT|
The above modification is considered to be a customer option and should be performed at the customer’s expense.