|Models:||MY 2009 – 2017 – Opel/Vauxhall Insignia, RPO +TB5 –C3U|
Some MY 2009-2017 Opel/Vauxhall Insignia equipped with power tailgate, may have non-opening tailgate or illuminated warning lamps, because of a defective liftgate control module, caused by water ingress into the tailgate control module.
Special Coverage Adjustment
This special coverage covers the condition described above for a period of 10 years or 160.000 kilometers / 100.000 miles, whichever occurs first, from the date the vehicle was originally placed in service, regardless of ownership, free of charge.
Note: This Special Coverage is only to be applied upon customer complaint.
All involved vehicles are identified by Vehicle Identification Number on the Applicable Warranties section in Global Warranty Management system. Dealership service personnel should always check this site to confirm vehicle involvement prior to beginning any required inspections and/or repairs. It is important to routinely use this tool to verify eligibility because not all similar vehicles may be involved regardless of description or option content.
Replace the liftgate control modul
- Disconnect the battery
- Open the quarter inner compartment cover flap – right side (1)
- Disconnect the 3 electrical connectors (2)
- Check all terminals of the 3 electrical connectors visually for wetness/corrosion
- If any residues are present, clean the electrical connector terminals using electronic contact spray (For example WÜRTH “Kontaktspray SW”) by aid of a toothbrush
- If the terminals cannot be cleaned, replace affected terminals following the standard procedure for wiring harness repair
- Remove the Tailgate Control Module (1)
- Reconnect battery
- Program volatile memories
- Program tailgate control module
Select necessary parts from electronic parts catalogue.
Warranty Transaction Information
Submit a transaction using the appropriate value(s) from the table below. All transactions should be submitted as a ZREG transaction type, with “Special Coverage” flag.
|Labour Code||Description||Labour Time|
|9900495||Tailgate Control Module Inspection and Replacement (incl. Programming and Setup)||0.5|
|001||Electrical Connector Terminal Cleaning||0.1|
|002||Connector Terminal Replacement Up to 2 terminals||0.2|
|003||For each further Terminal Replacement||0.1|
|004||Identify and eliminate the water ingress||SL|