#17449: Service Update – Front Bumper Fascia Air Deflector May Detach – (Dec 5, 2017)
|Subject:||17449 — Front Bumper Fascia Air Deflector May Detach|
|Models:||2018 Buick Regal|
|Reference Number:||N172130980||Release Date:||December 2017|
|Attention:||This service update includes vehicles in dealer inventory and customer vehicles that return to the dealership for any reason. This bulletin will expire at the end of the involved vehicle’s New Vehicle Limited Warranty period.|
Involved vehicles are marked “open” on the Investigate Vehicle History screen in GM Global Warranty Management system. This site should always be checked to confirm vehicle involvement prior to beginning any required inspections and/or repairs.
|Condition||Certain 2018 model year Buick Regal vehicles have a condition in which the front bumper fascia air deflector could become detached from the vehicle. If the front bumper fascia air deflector detachment occurs, damage could also occur to the front compartment air deflector or front compartment splash shield.|
|Correction||Install rivets to secure the front bumper fascia air deflector.|
|Quantity||Part Name||Part No.|
|Labor Operation||Description||Labor Time||Trans. Type||Net Item|
|9103538||Install Lower Air Deflector Rivets||0.6||ZFAT||N/A|
- Raise and support the vehicle, refer to Lifting and Jacking the Vehicle in SI.
- Remove the (X7) front bumper fascia lower stiffener bolts (1).
- Locate the center seam on the front bumper fascia air deflector.
- Measure 96 mm to the driver side of the center seam, mark the location with a suitable marker (paint pen).
- Measure 157 mm from the first location, mark the location with a suitable marker (paint pen).
- Measure 157 mm from the second location, mark the location with a suitable marker (paint pen).
- Measure 199 mm from the third location, mark the location with a suitable marker (paint pen).
- Measure 139 mm from the fourth location, mark the location with a suitable marker (paint pen).
- Repeat steps 4-8 on the passenger side of the vehicle.
- At each of the 10 marked locations, measure 6.5mm from the edge of the deflector. Make a cross mark (90 Deg. from the first mark) with a suitable marker (paint pen).
- Place a spacer block between lower bumper stiffener and cradle as a gap setter (40mm thickness recommended).
- Using the 5.5mm drill bit, drill the 10 marked locations. Use care to not damage the air deflector with the drill chuck. If required, cover the chuck with masking tape after installing the drill bit.
- Remove the spacer between lower bumper stiffener and cradle.
- Using an appropriate cleaning solution, remove the paint marks.
- Install the 10 rivets using an appropriate rivet installation tool.
- Reinstall the (X7) front bumper fascia lower stiffener bolts. Tighten to 2.5Nm (22 lb in).
- Lower the vehicle.
Whenever a vehicle subject to this service update enters your vehicle inventory, or is in your facility for service in the future, and the vehicle is still covered under the New Vehicle Limited Warranty, you must take the steps necessary to be sure the service update correction has been made before selling or releasing the vehicle.
All new, used, GM Certified Used, courtesy transportation vehicles, dealer shuttle vehicles, etc. in dealers’ possession and subject to this bulletin must be held and inspected/repaired per the service procedure of this bulletin before customers take possession of these vehicles. Involved vehicles must be held and not delivered to customers, dealer-traded, released to auction, used for demonstration, or any other purpose.
All GM Certified Used vehicles currently in the dealers’ inventory within the Certified Pre-Owned Inventory System (CPOIS) will be de-certified and must be held and remedied per the service procedure in this bulletin. Upon submitting an accepted/paid warranty transaction in the Global Warranty Management (GWM) system, the vehicle can be re-certified for sale within the CPOIS system, or once again be used in the CTP program.