|Subject:||Information on Replacement HMI Modules for Vehicles Built Without Apple CarPlay and Android Auto|
|Chevrolet||Silverado||2016||2016||GF217012 (Plant F*)
GZ314336 (Plant Z*)
GG336479 (Plant G*)
|*For Build Plant Information See 11th Position of VIN|
|Involved Region or Country||North America, Middle East and Israel|
|Additional Options (RPO)||Equipped with IO5 Radio and RPO CPO|
The five ways in which you can identify the affected trucks:
- The window label will display a line in the optional equipment section indicating that a credit of $200 ($225 in Canada) has been applied for the deletion of Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility.
- The Vehicle Invoice will contain the RPO code “CPO” (letter O) and the $200 ($225 in Canada) credit.
- The main menu screen of the radio will not have the “projection” icon.
- The Service Parts Identification (SPID) label in the glove box will contain the RPO code “CPO” in addition to the RPO code IO5.
- The RPO list in Warranty History (IVH) will also show “CPO” since it is part of the as built RPO string.
|Modified||May 31, 2016 – Added breakpoints per build plant.
Sept 20, 2016 − Added Middle East and Israel to Involved Region or Country.