#PIT4614B: Hybrid No Crank With DTC B009F or Service Hybrid message with no codes – (Jun 10, 2016)
|Subject:||Hybrid No Crank With DTC B009F or Service Hybrid message with no codes|
|Models:||2009-2013 Cadillac Escalade|
|2009-2013 Chevrolet Silverado|
|2008-2013 Chevrolet Tahoe|
|2009-2013 GMC Sierra|
|2008-2013 GMC Yukon|
|With RPO HP2|
This PI was superseded to update Recommendation/Instructions. Please discard PIT4614A.
The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.
Some customers may experience a
- No crank/no start condition with DTC B009F set in the serial data gateway module (SDGM).
- Service Hybrid message with no codes
This concern may be caused by water intrusion past the weatherpack seal on the High Voltage Circuit Impact Detection (HVCID) sensor. The sensor is located in the center of the lower radiator support. (See Photo below)
- Inspect the HVCID sensor for cracks and the terminals for corrosion. Replace sensor and/or terminals and weather-pack seals if any signs of corrosion or damage is found.
- If no damage or corrosion was found and there were no codes, Leave the connector unplugged to induce a code.
- Cycle the ignition off unplug the tech2 power down for 2 minutes
- Then clear code.
- Recheck for message and codes.
- If code resets then will need to replace the sensor and terminated leads then repeat steps 2-5
Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.