|Reference Number:||N172115610||Release Date:||August 2018|
|Revision Description: This bulletin is being updated to revise the Parts section, adding a tie rod steering boot clamp to the chart. Please discard all previous copies of bulletin 18027.|
|Attention:||This program is in effect until June 30, 2020.|
Involved vehicles are marked “open” on the Investigate Vehicle History screen in GM Global Warranty Management system. This site should always be checked to confirm vehicle involvement prior to beginning any required inspections and/or repairs.
|Condition||Certain 2015 model year Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon vehicles may have been built with a connector between the electric power steering motor and torque sensor that has a potential for fretting corrosion. If this condition exists, power steering may be lost, and the driver may experience unanticipated increased steering effort as the vehicle reverts to manual steering. A chime will also sound in the vehicle, and a “Service Power Steering” message will appear on the Driver Information Center (DIC). Manual steering functionality will be maintained but will require additional effort, particularly at lower speeds.|
|Correction||Dealers are to replace the complete power steering rack assembly.|
|Quantity||Part Name||Part No.|
|1||Electric Belt Drive Rack and Pinion Steering Gear||84494275|
|1||Electric Belt Drive Rack and Pinion Steering Gear||84494276|
|2||Steering Gear Bolt||11589279|
|2||Steering Gear Bolt (Rear)||11570509|
|1||Upper Intermediate Steering Shaft Upper Bolt||11610555|
|2||Steering Linkage Outer Tie Rod Bolt||11609283|
|1||Clamp – Tie Rod Steering Boot (4WD only)||12474081|
|Labor Code||Description||Labor Time||Trans. Type||Net Item|
|9103709||Electric Belt Drive Rack & Pinion Steering Gear Replacement (2WD)
ADD: Align front toe
|9103710||Electric Belt Drive Rack & Pinion Steering Gear Replacement (4WD)
ADD: Align front toe
|9103711||Customer Reimbursement Approved
– For USA and Canada dealers only
|9103712||Customer Reimbursement Denied – For USA dealers only||N/A||ZFAT||**|
Note: To avoid having to “H” route the customer reimbursement / floor plan transaction for approval, it must be submitted prior to the repair transaction.
* For USA and Canada: Submit the dollar amount reimbursed to the customer in Net/Reimbursement. Submit $20.00 administrative allowance in Net/Admin Allowance.
** Submit $10.00 administrative allowance in Net/Admin Allowance.
- Replace the Electric Belt Drive Rack and Pinion Steering Gear. Refer to Electric Belt Drive Rack and Pinion Steering Gear Replacement (2WD) or Electric Belt Drive Rack and Pinion Steering Gear Replacement (4WD).
All new, used, GM Certified Used, courtesy transportation vehicles, dealer shuttle vehicles, etc. in dealers’ possession and subject to this program must be held and inspected/repaired per the service procedure of this bulletin before customers take possession of these vehicles. Involved vehicles must be held and not delivered to customers, dealer-traded, released to auction, used for demonstration, or any other purpose.
All GM Certified Used vehicles currently in the dealers’ inventory within the Certified Pre-Owned Inventory System (CPOIS) will be de-certified and must be held and remedied per the service procedure in this bulletin. Upon submitting an accepted/paid warranty transaction in the Global Warranty Management (GWM) system, the vehicle can be re-certified for sale within the CPOIS system, or once again be used in the CTP program.
Dealers are to service all vehicles subject to this program at no charge to customers, regardless of mileage, age of vehicle, or ownership, through June 30, 2020. Customers who have recently purchased vehicles sold from your vehicle inventory, and for which there is no customer information indicated on the involved vehicle listing, are to be contacted by the dealer. Arrangements are to be made to make the required correction according to the instructions contained in this bulletin. A copy of the customer letter is provided in this bulletin for your use in contacting customers. Program follow-up cards should not be used for this purpose, since the customer may not as yet have received the notification letter.
In summary, whenever a vehicle subject to this program enters your vehicle inventory, or is in your facility for service through June 30, 2020 you must take the steps necessary to be sure the program correction has been made before selling or releasing the vehicle.
For dealers with involved vehicles, a listing with involved vehicles has been prepared and will be provided to U.S. and Canadian dealers through the GM GlobalConnect Recall Reports, or sent directly to export dealers. The listing may contain customer names and addresses obtained from Motor Vehicle Registration Records. The use of such motor vehicle registration data for any purpose other than follow-up necessary to complete this program is a violation of law in several states/provinces/countries. Accordingly, you are urged to limit the use of this report to the follow-up necessary to complete this program.
Courtesy Transportation — For USA & Canada
Courtesy transportation is available for customers whose vehicles are involved in a product program and still within the warranty coverage period. See General Motors Service Policies and Procedures Manual, Sections 1.4 and 6.1.10, for courtesy transportation program details.
USA & Canada – General Motors will notify customers of this recall on their vehicle (see copy of customer letter included with this bulletin).
Export – Letters will be sent to known owners of record located within areas covered by the US National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act. For owners outside these areas, dealers should notify customers using the attached sample letter.
Customer requests for reimbursement of previously paid repairs to correct the condition described in this bulletin are to be submitted to the dealer prior to or by <insert 1 year, 2019>. See General Motors Service Policies and Procedures Manual, Section 6.1.11 – Product Field Action Customer Reimbursement Procedure (USA & Canada) or local Policies and Procedures, for details.
This notice applies to your vehicle, VIN:_____________________________
Dear General Motors Customer:
We have learned that your 2015 model year Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon vehicles may have been built with a connector between the electric power steering motor and torque sensor that has a potential for fretting corrosion. If this condition exists, power steering may be lost, and the driver may experience unanticipated increased steering effort as the vehicle reverts to manual steering. A chime will also sound in the vehicle, and a “Service Power Steering” message will appear on the Driver Information Center (DIC). Manual steering functionality will be maintained but will require additional effort, particularly at lower speeds.
Your satisfaction with your [vehicle name] is very important to us, so we are announcing a program to prevent this condition or, if it has occurred, to fix it.
What We Will Do: Your GM dealer will replace the complete power steering rack assembly. This service will be performed for you at no charge until June 30, 2020. After that, any applicable warranty will apply.
What You Should Do: To limit any possible inconvenience, we recommend that you contact your dealer as soon as possible to schedule an appointment for this repair. By scheduling an appointment, your dealer can ensure that the necessary parts will be available on your scheduled appointment date.
Reimbursement: Even though you may have previously had repairs for this condition, you will still need to take your vehicle to your dealer for additional repairs. If you have already paid for repairs for the condition described in this letter, please complete the enclosed reimbursement form and present it to your dealer with all required documents. Working with your dealer will expedite your request, however, if this is not convenient, you may mail the completed reimbursement form and all required documents to Reimbursement Department, PO Box 33170, Detroit, MI 48232-5170. The completed form and required documents must be presented to your dealer or received by the Reimbursement Department by June 30, 2019, unless state law specifies a longer reimbursement period.
If you have any questions or need any assistance, just contact your dealer or the appropriate Customer Assistance Center at the number listed below.
|Division||Number||Text Telephones (TTY)|
|Puerto Rico – English||1-800-496-9992|
|Puerto Rico – Español||1-800-496-9993|
We sincerely regret any inconvenience or concern that this situation may cause you. We want you to know that we will do our best, throughout your ownership experience, to ensure that your GM vehicle [or if only one model involved, list name] provides you many miles of enjoyable driving.
North America Contact Center Operations
- Top rated jump starter on amazon and travel blogs
- Start dead batteries with a compact, yet powerful lithium jump starter rated at 1,000 Amps - up to 20 jump starts on a single charge
- Connect to any battery safely with our ultra-safe, mistake-proof design featuring spark-proof technology and reverse polarity protection.
- An integrated LED flashlight with seven light modes, including low, medium, high, flashing, strobe and emergency SOS; plus 6-hours of continuous run time.
- Recharge smartphones, tablets, and other USB devices when you need them most; plus, recharge from any powered USB port.
- 1,700 Peak Amps; 425 Cranking Amps
- Clore PROFORMER Battery Technology
- 68" #2 AWG Welding Cable Leads
- Heavy Duty PowerJaw Clamps
- Built-in 3A Automatic Charger
- 1150 Peak Amps for jump starting vehicles and large capacity battery charging with digital display
- (2) 2.1A USB Power Port to charge your phone, tablet or other portable devices and (2) 12V DC power outlets for up to 54 hours of charging
- 100PSI air compressor with automatic tire gauge includes in-unit stored nozzles for sport balls, car and bike inflation
- Features hook-up safeguards for clamps that sound if improperly connected, automatic USB protection and battery maintaining to prevent overcharging
- Includes 4-gauge, 24" cables with color-coded clamps, carrying handle and built-in flashlight
- [Compact But Powerful] This 6.3x3x1.6 inches, 2.5lbs jumper pack can start cars, trucks, motorcycles up to 30 times after a full charge (in 5 hours), and it's small enough to be placed into the car glove box
- [16500mAh Power Bank] This battery pack can simultaneously charge your phone, tablet or Kindle with dual USB charging ports(one is updated 5V/9V Quick charge). The 12V 10A DC port can power the air compressor to pump at least 2 tires (0-35 psi) through an included adapter
- [Upgraded Protection] Equipped with 8 protections, the jumper cables of this car starter kit can detect the car battery voltage before delivery current, and there will be flashing light and beep to notify you wrong operations. It's safe and easy to use
- [Emergency LED Flashlight] The flashlight function makes it easier to jump start at night. The strobe and SOS signal lights could be a lifesaver in an emergency. It's a multifunctional car battery jump starter
- [What You Get] TACKLIFE T6 jump starter, smart jumper cables, wall charger, car charger, USB cable, cigarette lighter socket adapter, user manual, 2 years warranty card and a carry case
- The World's First jump starter with fast wireless charger
- Compact, and powerful lithium jump starter rated at 2, 000 Amps - up to 30 times jump start dead batteries on a single charge.
- Portable 21, 000mAh power bank recharge personal devices on the go and recharge from any powered USB port, Support 10W charging to wireless charge-capable device up to 2X faster.
- Extend jumper Cables Connect to any battery safely with Integrated Voltmeter reads the voltage of the vehicle's battery for enhanced diagnostics and troubleshooting.
- With newest QDSP Technology, Whether it's extreme heat or cold or you simply left the lights on, batteries die for all sorts of reasons, Jump starter your dead battery fast and safely
- 【Powerful & Emergency】This Car Life Saver is able to Jump starts your vehiclesin seconds up to 50 times with 20800mAh battery capacity and 2500A peak current. (up to 8.0L petrol or 6.5L diesel engine).Suitable for truck, motorcycle, boat, RV or tractor, etc
- 【5 in 1 Multi-Function】Powerful Jump Starter+Portable Power Bank+Dual USB Ports+LED Flashlight + SOS Lighting Signal for Emergency, Especially for adventure, travel, outdoor, daily,long distance driving, etc
- 【Portable Charger with Dual USB Ports】This power bank is able to fully charge your laptops, smart phones, tablets, cameras and more device,It has dual USB ports that allows you to charge two devices simultaneously
- 【Intelligent Production Clamps】The intelligent protection clamps can provide short circuit protection, over-temperature protection, over-charge protection, over-discharge protection, over-current protection, over-voltage protection,etc
- 【Attention】Charge adapter is not included, but it comes with a type C cable. It will be more convenient for you to use USB port to charge. You may need to buy an adapter separately.
- 【Powerful But Compact】 With 800 amps peak current, Tacklife T8 can jump start 12V cars, SUV, truck or van up to 30 times after a full charge (in 4.5 hours). It's also a compact power bank with 18000mAh capacity, can charge your phone with dual USB ports (one is a 5v/9v Quick Charge), and 12V 10A DC port can power your other car accessories
- 【Super Long Standby Time】 Different from other car starters, you can turn Tacklife T8 OFF with the ON/OFF switch manually, to slow down the battery's self-discharge and hold a charge up to 12 months when not in usePlease remember to turn it ON before charging, or it will not be charged
- 【User-Friendly Extras】 Not only a car battery charger, the super bright LEDs make it an emergency flashlight, the red warning light can remind the passing cars if there is an accident. And it's a multifunctional life-saver with strobe, SOS signal lights, and a built-in Compass. Also, the digital LCD screen shows electricity clearer
- 【Everywhere Is Well-Designed】 Unique line design makes Tacklife T8 car jumper looks powerful and convenient to hold. The specially designed indicator can notify you the wrong operation by blinking lights and buzzing. All-metal and ergonomically designed clamps are easy to open, durable enough for a long time using
- 【What You Get】 TACKLIFE T8 jump starter, smart jumper cables, wall charger, car charger, USB cable, cigarette lighter socket adapter, user manual, 2 years warranty and after-sales customer service in any time, please feel free to contact us for help
Last update on 2019-03-15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2019-03-15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API