#PIT5405C: Steering Jerks Or Kicks Back / Reduced Power Steering Assist / Engine Stall / No Start / Service Stabilitrak / IPC / Radio / HVAC Goes Blank Various DTCs – (Jan 27, 2017)
This PI was superseded to update the title, additional symptoms, recommendation and 2017 models. Please discard PIT5405B.
The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.
Some owners may comment of any of the following issues below. These issues may seem more likely to occur if the vehicle is stopped/slow speeds and turning the steering wheel, which applies additional load to the truck electrical system.
- Reduced or loss of power steering assist (only LD models equipped with electric power steering)
- Steering wheel jerks or kicks back when turning
- Service Stabilitrak message with warning chime
- Engine stall
- IPC going blank or inoperative
- Radio/ICS going blank
- HVAC going blank
- Hood ajar message and/or dome lamps flash when shifting into reverse
- Alarm sounds when locking doors or door locks cycling
- Wipers continue to run for a short time after turning off and then stop/park in the incorrect location
- Any of the following DTCs: U0073, U0078, U0029, U0028, U0415, U0140, U0126, U0121, U0101, U0100, C0544, C0710, U1510, B127B, B2605, B3600, C0800, U0428, U0452, U0131, and P0513